For an application for the Prize to be eligible it must:
- Be related to sustainable development and be aligned with the UN Goals for Sustainable Development – explain the alignment.
- Be related to community progress allied with smart and innovative development and use of the earth’s environmental resources from air, land and sea.
- Be replicable from one geographic area to another and ideally be scalable in size.
- Have a clearly defined need for funding that will make a step change to the applicant’s aims.
- Have the ability to inspire others in the field.
- Contribute to the global pursuit of sustainability in the short to long-term.
An application will be ineligible if it is:
- Focused on a special interest group or is exclusive of particular groups in society.
- A major infrastructure project e.g. construction of a building.
- A regular/annual event that is not connected to a new initiative.
- A project related to political activities, lobbying or religious groups.
- A project that is designed purely for fundraising purposes.
- A research project.